The new Planning and Environment Cluster was formed in April 2014. The vision for the Department of Planning and Environment, and the Cluster, is:
Planning for a growing NSW – inspiring strong communities, protecting our environment.
We know that growth is already happening and our role is to plan for that growth, by building great places for people to live and work in a modern and smart way.
We need more and different types of homes, more jobs and an easy way to get between the two. Our focus is on creating great places to live and work, while protecting what is important to us as a community such as green space and access to our important natural assets.
About Our Cluster
The Planning and Environment Cluster advises the Minister for Planning, the Minister for the Environment and the Minister for Local Government.
Our people can be found working in the Department or our closely affiliated agencies:
Our main offices are in Sydney. Other offices are located throughout NSW including Parramatta, Dubbo, Gosford, Grafton, Jindabyne, Newcastle, Queanbeyan, Tamworth and Wollongong.
The Department’s current structure reflects our goals and our ‘can do’ culture:
- Carolyn McNally - Secretary
- Dr Liz Develin – Deputy Secretary, Growth, Design and Programs
- Alison Frame - Deputy Secretary, Policy and Strategy
- Simon Officer - Chief Financial and Operating Officer
- Marcus Ray - Deputy Secretary, Planning Services
- Mathew Jones – Acting Executive Director, Community and Stakeholder Engagement
- Eloise Murphy – Acting General Counsel
Download the Organisational Chart (February 2015)