The aim of the Department of Planning and Environment is to deliver strategies and decisions which balance planning and environmental issues, with the goal of facilitating sustainable growth and employment in NSW.
The Department of Planning and Environment advises the Minister for Planning, the Minister for the Environment and the Minister for Local Government.
Our people can be found working in the Department or our closely affiliated agencies including the Central Coast Regional Development Corporation, Hunter Development Corporation, Luna Park Reserve Trust, Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority, the Office of Environment & Heritage, the Office of Local Government, and UrbanGrowth.
The Department's main office is in Sydney NSW. Other offices are located throughout NSW including Parramatta, Dubbo, Gosford, Grafton, Jindabyne, Newcastle, Queanbeyan, Tamworth and Wollongong.
The Planning Board is the principal decision-making forum for the Department of Planning and Environment. The interim board members are:
- Carolyn McNally - Secretary (Chair)
- Richard Pearson - Deputy Secretary, Housing, Growth and Economics
- Alison Frame - Acting Deputy Secretary, Policy, Strategy and Reform
- Simon Officer - Chief Financial Officer
- Marcus Ray - Executive Director, General Counsel & Regulatory Reform
- Chris Wilson - Executive Director, Development Assessment Systems & Approvals