The role of Planning & Infrastructure is to deliver strategies and decisions to facilitate sustainable growth and employment in NSW.
The agency advises the Minister for Planning & Infrastructure and government on strategic land use planning, major development and infrastructure projects, and diverse housing and employment opportunities.
Planning & Infrastructure has more than 550 people working to deliver sustainable growth in NSW with a vision to make NSW the best place to live and invest.
Our people can be found working in the agency or our closely affiliated agencies including the Central Coast Regional Development Corporation, Hunter Development Corporation, Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority and the Luna Park Reserve Trust.
The agency's main office is in Sydney NSW. Other offices are located in Parramatta, Dubbo, Gosford, Grafton, Jindabyne, Newcastle, Queanbeyan, Tamworth and Wollongong.
The agency belongs to the Premier and Cabinet Cluster at the centre of government.
The Planning Board is the principal decision-making forum for Planning & Infrastructure and comprises the following executives:
- Sam Haddad - Director-General (Chair)
- Richard Pearson - Deputy Director-General for Growth Planning & Delivery
- Jill Reich - Deputy Director-General for People, Culture & Business
- Stephen McIntyre - Deputy Director-General for Planning Strategies, Housing & Infrastructure
- Stephen Payne - Chief Financial Officer
- Marcus Ray - Executive Director, Planning Reform & General Counsel
- Chris Wilson - Executive Director, Development Assessment Systems & Approvals
Updates on the organisational structure
Current organisation chart - December 2013
Development Assessments, Systems and Approvals - February 2014 [PDF]
Finance and Services - February 2014 [PDF]
Growth Planning and Delivery - February 2014 [PDF]
People, Culture and Business - February 2014 [PDF]
Planning Strategies Housing and Infrastructure - February 2014 [PDF]
Planning Reform & General Counsel - February 2014 [PDF]