Planning for our future
The NSW Government will undertake further consultation before the NSW Parliament reconsiders the Planning Bill in 2014.
The debate on the Planning Bill was deferred by the NSW Lower House on 28 November 2013, until the Parliament sits again next year.
The NSW Government is committed to delivering a new planning system for NSW – a modern and easy planning system for the 21st century that will put you, the community, first.
Our aim is to deliver a new system that:
- Gives communities a greater say upfront
- Allows quicker decisions to be made
- Is a simpler system that allows new investment
- Strengthens rights for individuals and groups through a Community Participation Charter
- Provides a more predictable assessment process
- Provides more housing choice across the State
Our New System;
- How we listened to you
- The case for change
- Everyone gets a say
- Certainty in the planning process
- Local planning for local communities
Share this page: