View North Ryde Station Activation Precinct video
The North Ryde Station precinct is within the Ryde local government area and is located south of Macquarie Park. Investigations have centred on vacant government-owned land around the station and a privately-owned employment site.
Community feedback has resulted in significant changes to the rezoning plans for the North Ryde Station Urban Activation Precinct. A vibrant new community is one step closer with 12.5 hectares of land rezoned by the NSW Government. This will provide for thousands of new homes and jobs within a 10-minute walk of existing and enhanced public transport, employment opportunities and local services.
What has changed?
A number of changes have been made to the plans in response to feedback from the community, including:
- removal of the Tennis World site from the precinct
- removal of a government owned site adjoining Bundara Reserve
- reducing maximum building heights around North Ryde Station by 16 metres (from 108m to 92m).
Benefits will include:
- more than 2.4 hectares of parks and open space – 20 percent of the entire precinct
- 3,000 homes and 1,500 jobs jobs within a 10 minute walk of North Ryde Station
- more than $17 million in transport upgrades
- Precinct Support Scheme funding towards public domain and community infrastructure works
- public plazas and a multi-purpose community facility
- building heights that optimise solar access and minimise overshadowing.
Artist's impression of North Ryde Station
and surrounds post-revitalisation
The key to shaping the future of the precinct has been an extensive process of community consultation, which began in 2011. A community liaison group was established and met nine times between December 2011 and October 2013.
The group was originally established by Transport for NSW who organised the first six meetings. Meetings 7, 8 and 9 were organised by the Department of Planning & Environment.
- The Department of Planning & Environment Presentation for meeting 9 (pdf, 1.7mb)
- UrbanGrowth Presentation for meeting 9 (pdf, 700kb)
- Notes from meeting 9 (pdf, 211kb)
- Presentation for meeting 8 (pdf, 1.2mb)
- Notes from meeting 8 (pdf, 252kb)
- Presentation from meeting 7 (pdf, 2.2mb)
- Notes from meeting 7 (pdf, 231kb)
- Presentation for meeting 6 (pdf, 1.5mb)
- Notes from meeting 6 (pdf, 250kb)
- Presentation for meeting 5 (pdf, 6.0mb)
- Notes from meeting 5 (pdf, 231kb)
- Presentation for meeting 4 (pdf, 1.0mb)
- Notes from meeting 4 (pdf, 231kb)
- Presentation for meeting 3 (pdf, 1.9mb)
- Notes from meeting 3 (pdf, 231kb)
- Presentation for meeting 2 (pdf, 1.5mb)
- Notes from meeting 2 (pdf, 231kb)
- Presentation for meeting 1 (pdf, 1.2mb)
- Notes from meeting 1 (pdf, 224kb)
During the nine week public exhibition of the draft plans, the department:
The department received 279 submissions about the proposed rezoning. The key issues raised were:
- heights and scale of the development
- the Tennis World site
- open space.
Aerial of open space and community facilities
Future North Ryde station area