Heritage Stoneworks manages heritage building projects and collaborates on the Minister’s Stonework Program
The team consists of a skilled workforce of stone masons (banking stone processing and fixing), stone processors, and fixing as well as roofers, carpenters, and collaborates with private sector contractors.
A key element of the Minister’s Stonework Program (MSP) is to stockpile high-quality sandstone. This sandstone is managed by the Heritage Stoneworks team to ensure a high quality and consistent supply for strength and performance of replacement sandstone well into the future.
In 2013 the Heritage Stoneworks team received the Trade Skills Award at the NSW National Trust Heritage Awards in recognition of the heritage skills, practices, expertise and commitment to learning and development of trade apprentices within the heritage industry. Heritage Stoneworks is also the major employer of apprentices for the heritage stonework industry.
Heritage Stoneworks' services include
- stonemasonry preservation, restoration, replacement and protection,
- intricate carving and shaping of stone,
- heritage roofing, including slate and metal deck roofing, copper and lead work,
- heritage refurbishment and building maintenance work,
- providing expert advice on heritage maintenance, as well as project and/or construction management services,
- providing expert advice on a range of stone and slate selection as well as its processing to suit heritage requirements, and
- stone processing (cutting and shaping) at the Alexandria stoneyard.
Heritage Stoneworks has recently worked on the following significant stonework conservation projects
- Fort Denison, Sydney Harbour
- Powerhouse Museum
- Sydney Observatory
- State Library of NSW
- Royal Prince Alfred Hospital
- Sydney Hospital, Macquarie Street, Sydney City
- Parramatta Park, Old Government House and George Street Gatehouse
- Newtown School of Performing Arts High School - 2014 National Trust Heritage Award
- Thomas Walker Hospital and Boathouse - 2014 National Trust Heritage Award
- Crown Street Public School
- Leichhardt Public School
- Ultimo TAFE Slate Roofs
- Land Titles Office, College St, Sydney City
- Strickland House, Vaucluse
- Darlinghurst Court House
Contact the Heritage Stoneworks team
For general enquiries, please call us on 02 9565 9025 or send an enquiry to the Heritage Stoneworks team.
Page last updated: 22/07/2020