The original Eastlakes Shopping Centre redevelopment was approved by the Independent Planning Commission, on behalf of the Minister for Planning, in September 2013.
In June 2020, the department approved a modification application to make design refinements to the north site, and for the redesign of the southern site.
The approved changes to the south side include:
- reducing the number of buildings above the podium from 6 to 5 towers
- increasing building heights from 2 to 8 storeys above the 1 level podium and to 4 to 10 storeys above 2 levels podium
- increasing the number of apartments by 65 (to 490)
- increasing the total gross floor area by 9,650m2 (to 60,469m2), including increasing non-residential GFA by 4,692m2 (to 19,283m2).
The modification request is accompanied by a public benefit offer of $4.65 million, which includes:
- up to $100,000 for public domain upgrades around the site
- up to $1.55 million for community facilities and public spaces upgrades
- an affordable housing contribution estimated to be equivalent to $3 million, or 10% of the total number of additional apartments proposed in the modification.
The project was determined under the Planning System Acceleration Program, a package of measures to accelerate the assessment of projects that will inject investment in to the NSW economy.
All documentation related to the modification application, including the RTS report, is available on our Major Projects website.
For further information about this redevelopment project, you can:
- visit our Major projects website
- visit the Crown Group website
- call our Information Centre on 1300 305 695. If English isn’t your first language and you prefer an interpreter, please call 131 450. Ask for an interpreter in your language and then request to be connected to our Information Centre on 1300 305 695.
Page last updated: 19/06/2020