The F6 Extension Motorway program of works is a proposed multi-lane road link extending from the New M5 Motorway at Arncliffe to the Princes Highway at Loftus. The program will be delivered in three stages. The first stage is known as the F6 Extension Stage 1 and comprises an approximately four-kilometre continuous twin tunnel (north and south) which will connect the New M5 at Arncliffe to President Avenue at Kogarah.
Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) has lodged an application for Stage 1. The project includes:
- north- and south-bound motorway tunnels around four kilometres in length
- a tunnel portal at Brighton-Le-Sands connecting to entry and exit ramps at a widened President Avenue
- stub tunnels for the proposed connection to a future southern stage of the F6 Extension
- upgrade of the President Avenue and Princes Highway Intersection
- ancillary infrastructure and operational facilities
- provision of new pedestrian and cycle pathways
- new service and modified existing service utilities, including a power line from Earlwood to the proposed Rockdale Motorway Operation Complex
- lane-marking of an additional two lanes in each carriageway of the New M5 tunnels, resulting in four lanes in each carriageway between the St Peters Interchange to the connection with the F6 Extension Stage 1 tunnel at Arncliffe.
The F6 Extension Stage 1 proposal was on public exhibition until 14 December 2018. Please sign up for updates below.
Page last updated: 17/12/2018