The Ivanhoe Estate Project is classified as a State Significant Development (SSD).
The planning process for SSD is as follows:
- the Department issues environmental assessment requirements
- preparation of an environmental assessment by the applicant
- public exhibition and opportunity for comment on the proposal by the community
- response by the applicant to the submissions made during exhibition
- assessment of the proposal by the Department.
The Department considers the following when assessing SSD applications:
- existing strategic plans and policies (including State, regional and local)
- feedback and comments from the relevant local council(s)
- specialised and technical input and advice received from Federal and State Government agencies
- public submissions received during the exhibition
- the public interest.
If the proposal is not supported by council, or the Department has received more than 25 public objections, the Department’s recommendation (including either conditions of consent or reasons for refusal) is referred to the Minister for determination.
Page last updated: 28/06/2018