Parramatta Light Rail - Key features and FAQs
Stage 1 of the Parramatta Light Rail project will include the construction and operation of a light rail service from Westmead to Carlingford via Parramatta CBD and Camellia.
Key features of the project:
- a new light rail network approximately 12 kilometres long with 16 stops
- the conversion of the existing T6 Carlingford Line heavy rail corridor and Sandown Line for use as dedicated light rail corridors
- interchanges with existing rail and/or bus facilities at Westmead, Parramatta CBD and Carlingford
- a stabling and maintenance facility located in Camellia
- alterations to the road network to accommodate the project
- active transport infrastructure (cycling and walkways) will be provided along sections of the project alignment.
The Submissions and Preferred Infrastructure Report for Parramatta Light Rail - Stage 1 is available on the major projects website.
Page last updated: 19/11/2020