The Shell Cove Boat Harbour Precinct was the subject of a Concept Approval granted on 15 February 2011. There have been no modifications to the Concept Approval.
On 9 August 2017, the Proponent lodged a modification application seeking to:
- increase the maximum number of dwellings from 1,238 to 1,566;
- revise housing densities and typologies across the site;
- reconfigure the Town Centre layout including relocating the hotel building to the northern gateway;
- increase the maximum building height in certain areas;
- include ‘serviced apartments’ and’ residential accommodation’ as permissible uses within the hotel building;
- include an additional 6,000m² of land within Precinct E (the ‘northern lands’) for residential development; and
- refine road patterns and layout.