Key Features and FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
The Shell Cove Boat Harbour Precinct was the subject of a Concept Approval granted on 15 February 2011. There have been no modifications to the Concept Approval.
On 9 August 2017, the Proponent lodged a modification application seeking to:
- increase the maximum number of dwellings from 1,238 to 1,566;
- revise housing densities and typologies across the site;
- reconfigure the Town Centre layout including relocating the hotel building to the northern gateway;
- increase the maximum building height in certain areas;
- include ‘serviced apartments’ and’ residential accommodation’ as permissible uses within the hotel building;
- include an additional 6,000m² of land within Precinct E (the ‘northern lands’) for residential development; and
- refine road patterns and layout.
- The Department of Planning and Environment will assess the merits of the modification application for the Shell Cove Boat Harbour Precinct.
- As part of our assessment process, we asked for feedback to better understand the views and concerns of the community.
- The Environmental Assessment Report (EAR) for the modification was publicly exhibited by the Department between 15 September – 20 October 2017.
- In total, 208 submissions were received.
- The Department requested the Proponent to respond to the issues raised in submissions.
- The Proponent lodged its Response to Submissions (RtS) report, which is available on our major projects website, and was open for comment between 13 March and 27 March 2018.
- The Department assessed the merits of the modification application, including all submissions and community feedback.
- We made a recommendation to the Independent Planning Commission (IPC) that the modification application be approved, subject to conditions.
- The IPC held a public meeting as a part of its consideration of the proposal, providing another opportunity for the community to voice its concerns, before giving condition support to the proposal.
- Read the IPC determination of the Shell Cove Modification proposal.
Page last updated: 24/02/2021