The first stage of the redevelopment of the Sydney Football Stadium, involving a concept proposal for a new stadium and the demolition of the existing stadium, has been approved subject to strict conditions.
The Department worked closely with the local community, government agencies, and key stakeholders during the assessment process.
A full list of the conditions of consent is available on the Department’s Major Projects website.
The approved concept proposal includes:
- Maximum building envelope for the stadium to accommodate a basement and a new roof over all permanent seating
- Maximum stadium capacity of 45,000 seats (55,000 patrons in concert mode) and a new playing pitch
- Member areas, premium box/terrace, function lounge, and corporate suite operations
- Flood lighting, and stadium video screens
- Team, media and administration facilities, food and beverage areas
- Public domain works and landscaping
- Identification of the existing Moore Park Carpark 1 (MP1) as the demolition and construction compound.
The approved Stage 1 works comprises:
- Demolition of the existing stadium including the existing Sheridan, Roosters, Waratahs, Cricket NSW Administration Building and Indoor Cricket Wickets to the existing slab level
- removal of 26 trees
- the use of the MP1 car park as the demolition compound.
Find out more
To find out more about the Sydney Football Stadium redevelopment project and existing applications, you can:
Page last updated: 08/07/2019