The Sydney Football Stadium redevelopment project is classified as a State Significant Development (SSD).
The planning process for SSD is as follows:
- the Department issues the Planning Secretary’s Environmental Assessment Requirements (SEARs), which set out the details the applicant must address in their application,
- the applicant (iNSW) prepares an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS),
- the Department places the EIS on public exhibition for formal submissions from the community, councils and other government agencies,
- the Department collates all submissions received during public exhibition and may undertake targeted consultation to further understand key issues raised,
- the Department will request the applicant to respond to the feedback received,
- the applicant submits the Response to Submissions (RtS) report,
- the Department will consider the application and RtS, along with all feedback received from the community, other government agencies and councils, as part of our assessment process,
- the Department makes a recommendation to the Minister for Planning for determination.
The Department will consider the following when assessing SSD applications:
- existing strategic plans and policies (including State, regional and local)
- feedback and comments from the relevant local council(s)
- specialised and technical input and advice received from Federal and State Government agencies
- public submissions received during the exhibition
- the public interest.
Page last updated: 11/01/2019