The Hunters Hill Remediation project is classified as a Major Project under the former Part 3A of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 (EP&A Act).
The planning process for major projects is as follows:
- the department issues environmental assessment requirements
- preparation of an environmental assessment by the proponent
- public exhibition and opportunity for comment on the proposal by the community
- response by the proponent to the submissions made during exhibition
- assessment of the proposal by the department
- final determination.
Page last updated: 12/10/2022