The Bella Vista Station Precinct is one of eight station precincts along the Sydney Metro Northwest urban corridor along the new Sydney Metro Northwest Line.
In October 2019, Landcom, on behalf of Sydney Metro, submitted a State Significant Development application for a concept proposal for new residential, retail and commercial development near the Bella Vista metro station.
The Bella Vista Station Precinct proposal will provide between 2,905 and 3,822 new homes, 5 per cent of which would be affordable housing.
The concept proposal for the mixed-use precinct includes:
- Land use strategy to identify the allocation, quantum and location of land uses across the site and 20 development blocks including:
- building heights ranging from 7m up to 68m high
- between 164,900m² 167,080m² of retail and commercial gross floor area
- public open space including public domain and parks
- provision of a primary school and community facilities
- Design guidelines to govern future development
- Street hierarchy and layout
- Principal subdivision to create public domain areas.
Note: The concept proposal does not seek approval for any construction works.
Consultation and feedback
The concept proposal for Bella Vista Station Precinct was on exhibition until 26 November 2019.
The department welcomed feedback from the community, government agencies and other stakeholders during public exhibition. This feedback helps us better understand the opinions and concerns of the community, which will inform our assessment of the project.
All relevant documentation, including the Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) is available on our Major Projects website.
Following the exhibition, the department will publish all submissions received and ask Landcom to address any issues raised by the community, council and other government agencies.
Landcom will prepare a formal Response to Submissions (RTS) report, which we will make publicly available.
The department will then assess the merits of the project, which includes consideration of the EIS, all submissions and community feedback, and the RTS.
The department will make a recommendation to the Minister for Planning and Public Spaces for his determination.
All documents related to the Bella Vista Station Precinct proposal are available on our Major Projects website.
To find out more about Bella Vista Station Precinct, you can:
- visit the Landcom website
- contact us via our online form.
Page last updated: 28/09/2022