The concept proposal for the Crows Nest Over Station Development was approved by the Minister for Planning and Public Spaces in December 2020. The project was approved under the Horizon Projects program.
The approved concept proposal includes:
- maximum building envelopes with the following building heights:
- Site A up to RL 175.6m or approximately 21 storeys
- Site B up to RL 155m or approximately 17 storeys
- Site C up to RL 127m or approximately 9 storeys
- a rooftop enclosure zone, above each building envelope accommodating lift overruns and other building services
- a maximum Gross Floor Area of 56,400m2 for the over station development, including:
- Site A - 40,300m2 for commercial uses
- Site B - 13,000m2 for residential uses, including affordable housing
- Site C - 3,100m2 for commercial uses
- maximum of 101 car parking spaces.
The department welcomed feedback on the Environmental Impact Statement during public exhibition from 16 November 2018 until 8 February 2019. Following feedback received during exhibition, Sydney Metro prepared an amended concept proposal and a Response to Submissions Report, which can be found on our Major Projects website.
The amended concept proposal, as detailed in the amendment report, was on public exhibition from 9 September 2020 until 6 October 2020. The amended proposal involved development at three sites, known as Sites A, B and C, for a mix of residential and commercial uses.
All feedback received helped us better understand the opinions and concerns of the community, government agencies and other stakeholders, which informed our assessment of the project.
The Minister for Planning and Public Spaces approved the application in December 2020.
The concept proposal is the first stage in the development assessment process for the project. Detailed design, construction or any other physical work will be subject to separate detailed State significant development (SSD) application/s, exhibition and assessment process.
All documents related to the Concept SSD application are available to view on our Major Projects website.
To find out more about the Crows Nest Metro Station you can also:
- visit the Sydney Metro website
- visit our St Leonards and Crows Nest 2036 plan
- contact us via our online form.
Page last updated: 24/11/2022