Sydney Metro has submitted a State significant development (SSD) application for the Crows Nest Over Station Development Site C – Stage 2.
The application seeks approval for the construction and operation of a new nine storey commercial building comprising:
- gross floor area of 3,097m2 (excluding station areas);
- a maximum overall building height of RL 132m, including a 5m building services zone which accommodates a rooftop plant and lift overrun;
- office space on Levels 2 to 8 and an accessible landscaped terrace at Level 9 for future workers / tenants of the building
- internal fit-out and use of an office lobby at ground floor and an end of trip facilities, including bicycle parking on Level 1
- zero car parking spaces;
- signage zones for building and business identification; and
- associated landscaping and servicing.
Separate State significant development application(s) will be submitted for the detailed design of Site A and Site B within the Crows Nest over station development.
Following exhibition of the amended concept proposal, the department will assess the project, which includes consideration of the Environmental Impact Statement, RTS, the amended proposal, and all submissions and community feedback.
We will make a recommendation to the Minister for Planning and Public Spaces for his determination.
If the Site C – Stage 2 SSD application is determined, separate application/s will be required for the detailed design and construction of the development.
All documents related to the Concept SSD application are available to view on our Major Projects website.
To find out more about the Crows Nest Metro Station you can also:
- visit the Sydney Metro website
- visit our St Leonards and Crows Nest 2036 plan
- call our Information Centre on 1300 305 695. If English is not your first language and you prefer an interpreter, please call 131 450. You can request an interpreter in your language and to be connected to our Information Centre on 1300 305 695.
Have your say
The Site C – Stage 2 proposal is now on public exhibition until 19 July 2021. We welcome your feedback during exhibition.
Your feedback will help us better understand the opinions and concerns of the community, which will inform our assessment of the project.
Mail your submission to:
Att: Director – Key Sites Assessments
Department of Planning, Industry and Environment
Locked Bag 5022, PARRAMATTA, NSW 2124
Alternatively, press the button below to make an online submission.
Page last updated: 24/11/2022