In March 2018, the Minister for Planning approved the Stage 1 State Significant Development (SSD) application for the Sydney Metro Martin Place Precinct.
In February 2019, the Minister for Planning approved the ‘Stage 1 Amending DA’ to amend the concept for the Precinct, approving a larger building envelope for the South Site.
Macquarie Group submitted two separate Stage 2 development applications seeking approval for the design, construction and operation of Over Station Developments (OSD) above the northern and southern entrances to the Martin Place Metro Station.
The Martin Place South OSD Stage 2 application seeks gross floor area and built forms consistent with the Stage 1 Amending DA.
The Martin Place South OSD Stage 2 application seeks approval for the construction and use of a 28 storey (plus rooftop plant) commercial tower with a nine storey podium above the southern entrance of the new Martin Place Metro Station providing:
- 37,553m² Gross Floor Area including 1,222m² for retail use and 36,331m² for office use
- Signage zones for building identification
- Vehicle loading and service facilities within the basement and shared use of facilities on the North Site
- The use of bicycle parking and end of trip facilities located on the North Site
- Works to integrate with the Station design, including use and fit-out of over station development areas within the station building envelope for plant, services, end of trip facilities, retail and office spaces.
The Martin Place Station Precinct is identified as State Significant Development (SSD) and was assessed according to the SSD Process.
Stage 2 application approved
The Martin Place South Stage 2 application has been approved subject to conditions based on consultation with the community, council and other government agencies.
The department carefully considered the Environmental Impact Statement (EIS), Council and community views during the assessment process.
A full list of the conditions of consent is available on our Major Projects website.
Read about the Martin Place metro tower announcement.
All documents related to the Stage 2 application for the Martin Place South Over Station Development, including the Response to Submissions report are available at our Major Projects website.
To find out more about Martin Place South Over Station Development you can:
- visit Macquarie Group’s Metro Martin Place website
- visit our Major Projects website
- Contact us via our online form.
Artist impression of the proposed Martin Place South Over Station Development. Source: Macquarie Group.
Sign up to receive project updates via email
Page last updated: 28/09/2022