The concept proposals for over station developments above both the northern and southern entrances to the new Pitt Street Metro station were approved in June 2019.
A full list of the conditions of consent is available on our Major Projects website.
Concept modification approved
A modification application to amend the approved Stage 1 concept building envelope for Pitt Street North was approved in February 2021 as part of the Horizon Projects program.
The approved application consents to:
- amend the building envelope to increase the podium height to align with the Masonic Building on Castlereagh Street and the National Building on Pitt Street
- allow for protrusions (up to a maximum of 600mm) beyond the approved building envelope for sunshades, planters and balustrades
- increase the maximum gross floor area across the site to 55,743m2 (from 50,310m2)
- amend the approved Design Guidelines in respect to podium heights and building setbacks.
For more information about the modification application visit our Major Projects website.
Detailed design, construction and operation of Pitt St North OSD are subject to a Stage 2 development application. The application was approved in February 2021.
All documentation related to the Pitt Street North concept application is available on our Major Projects website.
To find out more about this project you can:
- register to receive projects notifications
- visit the Sydney Metro website
- contact us via our online form
Page last updated: 31/01/2023