A State Significant Development application for the Stage 2 Detailed Design of Tallawong Station Precinct South was submitted in June 2020.
The application sought approval for the construction of a staged mixed-use development consistent with the site layout, massing and building envelopes of the Stage 1 Concept, including:
- 17 buildings of between 2 and 8 storeys
- 93,393 m2 of gross floor area
- 987 dwellings and 9,000 m2 of commercial and retail uses
- basement car parking spaces for residential and non-residential uses
- 5% affordable housing
- land and stratum subdivision
- public and private roads and pedestrian connection
- publicly accessible park (3,507 m2)
- landscaping of the public and private domain.
Consultation and feedback
The Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) was on public exhibition from 25 June 2020 until 22 July 2020.
The EIS lists mitigation measures for any potential environmental and social impacts that may occur during construction and operation.
The department thanks the community, government agencies and other stakeholders for their feedback during public exhibition. This feedback helped us better understand the opinions and concerns of the community and informed our assessment of the project.
The application was approved in July 2021.
The department’s assessment of the proposal was informed by the Environmental Impact Statement (EIS), all feedback and submissions received from the community, councils and other agencies, and the Response to Submissions (RtS) report.
All documentation related to the Stage 2 SSD application for Tallawong Station Precinct South is available at our Major Projects website.
To find out more about this project you can:
Page last updated: 29/11/2022