The Bella Vista Station Precinct has now been rezoned. The redevelopment of the precinct provides a unique opportunity to deliver new homes close to public transport and employment opportunities.
Watch the Bella Vista Station Precinct Video
Find out how the Bella Vista Station Precinct has recently been rezoned.
The Bella Vista and Kellyville precincts will provide for around 10,400 new jobs and 8,400 new homes over the next 20 years. The Precinct will be supported by Sydney Metro Northwest - Australia's biggest public transport project, improved public transport links, new open space and upgrades to pedestrian and cycle paths.
The Department has made the following changes to the draft precinct rezoning proposal based on community feedback received during the public consultation period:
- Land to the east of Elizabeth Macarthur Creek, proposed to be rezoned high density residential and public open space, now includes some medium density residential (eg townhouses)
- An area near the local town centre that was exhibited as business park will now be a local town centre instead, to promote more activity around the station
- A new provision has been introduced that ensures no more than 8,400 new dwellings can be delivered on the Government owned lands in the Bella Vista and Kellyville Station Precincts
- Minor changes to the extent of the infrastructure boundary within Elizabeth Macarthur Creek to reflect Sydney Water asset investigation work
- Other changes relate to built form and development controls including a revised design excellence clause in The Hills Shire Council Local Environment Plan, the location of retail, building setbacks and temporary land uses (eg pop up shops) while the precinct is developing
A final report Bella Vista Finalisation Report (PDF, 3,511 KB) is available. The Department is now working with the Hills Shire Council to:
- finalise development controls and infrastructure plans for the precincts
- identify local infrastructure suitable for the $5 million Precinct Support Scheme funding that is available for the Bella Vista Precinct.
The Bella Vista Proposal was made available for community consultation from 7 December 2015 to 28 February 2016. The draft proposal was developed with the vision to create 'The Hills premier living and business precinct'.
The precinct has developed with the vision to be a more attractive place to live, with new public spaces including a new town square opposite the station, open space and neighbourhood parks, and more accessible natural spaces adjoining Elizabeth Macarthur Creek.
The draft plan includes:
- areas for proposed rezoning including land use zones and maximum buildings heights
- provision for improved public open space, improved connections for pedestrians and cyclists, and community facilities
- infrastructure works to support the forecast population growth.
The Bella Vista Station Precinct is part of the Sydney Metro Northwest Priority Urban Renewal Corridor, which aims to create new centres around the Sydney Metro Northwest stations which will be great places to work, live and play.
- View the Bella Vista Station Precinct Structure Plan (PDF, 7,197 KB)
Consultation and feedback
The two proposals will provide between 1410 and 1804 new homes and include:
- new parks
- community facilities, and
- a new primary school
Community input is an important part of the planning process and we encourage everyone to have their say.
Once the exhibition closes we will consider all community submissions received along with feedback from other government agencies and councils.
View the material that was exhibited in the past
- Bella Vista Station Precinct Proposal (high resolution)
- Bella Vista Station Precinct Proposal (low resolution)
- Bella Vista Station Precinct Planning Report
- Appendix A Explanation of Intended Effect
- Appendix B Recommended Development Control Plan Amendments
- Appendix C Summary of State Plans
- Appendix D Demographic Profile
- Appendix E Bella Vista Transport Plan
- Appendix F Economic Feasibility
- Appendix G Indigenous Cultural Heritage Assessment
- Appendix H European Heritage
- Appendix I Ecological Assessment
- Appendix J Open Space and Community Facilities Assessment
- Appendix K Flooding and Drainage
- Appendix L Contamination Assessment
View a copy of the January 2016 Newsletter - Bella Vista Station Precinct (PDF 6, 649 KB) released for the exhibition of the precinct
As part of the Precinct Support Scheme, up to $5 million will be allocated to improving local infrastructure around the Bella Vista Station Precinct.
An online survey was conducted throughout April and early May 2016 to get community feedback about how the council can use this money to improve the areas around the station.
The submissions received in response to the draft proposal can be viewed online at Bella Vista Station Precinct on the Department's Plans Policies website.
Sign up for email updates on the Bella Vista Station Precinct
Page last updated: 02/05/2022