The Kellyville Station Precinct Proposal has now been rezoned. The development of the precinct provides a unique opportunity to deliver new homes close to public transport and employment opportunities.
Watch the Kellyville Station Precinct Video
Find out how the redevelopment of the Kellyville Station Precinct provides a unique opportunity to respond to Sydney’s housing pressures.
The Bella Vista and Kellyville precincts will provide for around 10,400 new jobs and 8,400 new homes over the next 20 years. The Precinct will be supported by Sydney Metro Northwest - Australia's biggest public transport project, improved public transport links, 10 hectares of new open space and a new town centre.
The Department has made the following changes to the draft precinct rezoning proposal based on community feedback received during the public consultation period:
- Land at Hickson Road, east of Elizabeth Macarthur Creek has changed from high density residential to medium density residential (eg townhouses) to minimise impacts fro new apartments on existing detached homes.
- Proposed changes to Newbury Estate in Stanhope Gardens will not progress due to concerns about traffic and parking. Further studies will be carried out in this area.
- A new provision has been introduced that ensures that no more than 8,400 new dwellings can be delivered on the Government owned lands in the Bella Vista and Kellyville Station Precincts.
- Other changes relate to build form and development controls include a revised design excellence clause in The Hills Shire Council Environment Plan, the location of retail, building setbacks and temporary land uses (e.g. pop up shops) while the precinct is developing.
A final report Kellyville Station Precinct Finalisation Report (PDF 2.87 MB) is available. The Department is now working with the Hills Shire Council to:
- complete development controls and infrastructure plans for the precincts
- identify local infrastructure suitable for the $5 million Precinct Support Scheme funding available for the Kellyville Station Precinct.
View the Kellyville and Bella Vista Precinct Structure Plan (PDF 1.60 MB).
The Kellyville Station Precinct Proposal as developed with the vision to create 'a green, vibrant and connected community'. Under the proposal, the precinct will be a more attractive place to live with new public spaces including a new town square opposite the station, new sports fields and neighbourhood parks, and more accessible natural spaces adjoining Elizabeth Macarthur Creek.
A draft plan was made available for community consultation from 7 December 2015 to 28 February 2016 and included:
- areas for proposed rezoning including land use zones and maximum buildings heights
- provision for improved public open space, improved connections for pedestrians and cyclists, and community facilities
- infrastructure works to support the forecast population growth.
Part of these draft plans contemplated changes to part of Stanhope Gardens commonly known as the Newbury Estate. We received many submissions about this portion of the draft plan. In order to fully investigate these issues, the Department will need to carry out further studies.
As a result, the plans for Stanhope Gardens in their current format will not progress and we will not proceed with this component of the Kellyville Station Precinct Proposal until these additional studies are complete.
The Department will continue to engage with the community about the long term opportunities for Stanhope Gardens and no decision will be made without full and comprehensive community consultation.
Consultation and feedback
View the material that was exhibited
The exhibition period has now closed, however you can still view the material:
- Kellyville Station Precinct Proposal, December 2015 (9, 540 KB)
- Kellyville Station Precinct Planning Planning Report – Volume 1, December 2015 (PDF, 9,839 KB)
- Appendix A Explanation of Intended Effect Kellyville Station Precinct, December 2015 (PDF, 6,991 KB)
- Appendix B Kellyville Station Precinct Proposed Development Control Plan Amendments - The Hills, December 2015 (PDF, 5,800 KB)
- Appendix C Summary of State Plans and Strategies Kellyville Station Precinct (PDF, 62, KB)
- Appendix D Demographic Profile Kellyville Station Precinct, October 2014 (PDF, 620 KB)
- Appendix E Kellyville Station Precinct Transport Plan, December 2015
- Appendix F Economic feasibility Kellyville Station Precinct (PDF, 1,386 KB)
- Appendix G Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Assessment Kellyville Station Precinct, August 2015 (PDF, 2,473 KB)
- Appendix H European Heritage Assessment Kellyville Station Precinct, August 2015 (PDF, 1,606 KB)
- Appendix I Ecological Assessment Kellyville Station Precinct, August 2015 (PDF, 6,620 KB)
- Appendix J Open Space and Community Facilities Assessment Kellyville Station Precinct, August 2015 (PDF, 3,514 KB)
- Appendix K Flooding and Drainage Kellyville Station Precinct, August 2015 (PDF, 1,386 KB)
- Appendix L Contamination Review Kellyville Station Precinct, August 2015 – Part 1 (PDF, 8,434 KB) and Appendix L Contamination Review Kellyville Station Precinct, August 2015 – Part 2 (10, 442 KB).
View a copy of the January 2016 Newsletter – Kellyville Station Precinct (PDF, 9, 717 KB) released for the exhibition of the precinct.
As part of the Precinct Support Scheme, up to $5 million has been allocated to improving local infrastructure around the Kellyville station precinct.
An online survey was conducted throughout April and early May 2016 to get community feedback about how the council can use this money to improve the areas around the station.
The submissions received in response to the draft proposal can be viewed online at Kellyville Station Precinct at the Department's Plans Policies website.
- North West Rail Link Station Precincts – Kellyville, Bella Vista and Showground Online Survey Report, December 2014 (PDF, 1, 121 KB)
- North West Rail Link Station Precincts Community Consultation Report, December 2014, (PDF 1, 17674 KB)
- Frequently Asked Questions Kellyville Station Urban Activation Precinct, August 2014 (PDF 1, 671 KB)
- North West Rail Link Kellyville Station Structure Plan A Vision for Kellyville Station Surrounds, September 2013 (PDF 11, 281 KB), and Structure Plan Map: Figure 19 Structure Plan for the Kellyville Study Area (PDF, 346 KB),
- Brochure Planning for Sydney's North–West, August 2014 (PDF, 1,941 KB)
- Video More homes and jobs along the North West Rail Link, July 2014.
Sign up for email updates on the Kellyville Station Precinct
Page last updated: 09/08/2018