The Illawarra-Shoalhaven Regional Plan is the NSW Government’s strategy for guiding land use planning decisions for the Illawarra-Shoalhaven Region for the next 20 years
The Illawarra-Shoalhaven region consists of four local government areas: Wollongong, Shellharbour, Kiama and Shoalhaven.
The Regional Plan sets out five goals for the Illawarra- Shoalhaven Region:
- A prosperous Illawarra-Shoalhaven.
- A variety of housing choices, with homes that meet needs and lifestyles.
- A region with communities that are strong, healthy and well-connected.
- A region that makes appropriate use of agricultural and resource lands
- A region that protects and enhances the natural environment.
The Illawarra-Shoalhaven Delivery Coordination and Monitoring Committee will oversee implementation of the vision, goals and actions in the Regional Plan. A monitoring report will be prepared to outline progress against the implementation plan.
Responsibility for implementing actions and monitoring the intended outcomes in the Regional Plan is shared with our important regional stakeholders, including Councils, other State agencies, service providers and the development industry. All stakeholders need to have a good understanding of the priorities and the deliverables.
The purpose of this Implementation Plan is to:
- ensure ongoing collaboration and agreement on the implementation of actions;
- assign accountabilities for the implementation of actions;
- explain the role of different groups and committees involved in implementation;
- guide the Delivery Coordination and Monitoring Committee in its role of overseeing delivery of the Regional Plan; and
- inform the Monitoring Report.
Implementation Plan 2017-19