The Government began its review of the planning system in May 2016 when it announced it was updating the EP&A Act with the goal of building community confidence in the planning system.
Stage 1 focused on initial consultation on issues and options, with the objective of engaging with stakeholders on the scope of legislative reform, obtaining refreshed feedback on issues with the planning system, and testing some options for addressing those issues.
Stage 2 focused on formal consultation on the proposal, with the release of the draft Bill and consultation papers for public exhibition from 9 January to 31 March 2017.
- Summary of proposals (PDF, 598 KB)
- Bill Guide (PDF, 368 KB)
- Draft Environmental Planning and Assessment Amendment Bill 2017 (PDF, 611 KB)
- Stakeholder feedback (PDF, 231 KB)
- Unofficial consolidation Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 No 203 (PDF, 5 MB)
- Amendments to the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 - New references (PDF, 338 KB)
- Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 2017 - Public Exhibition Report (PDF, 147KB)
- FAQs — Updates to the Environment Planning and Assessment Act 1979(PDF, 1.3MB)
For further information, please call our Information Centre on 1300 305 695.
Page last updated: 06/09/2018