The report on submissions for the proposed Hunter Region SIC is available. It includes an overview of feedback received and the Department’s response to key issues raised.
A range of consultation and engagement activities were undertaken to inform the development of the draft determination for the Hunter Region SIC.
- release of a discussion paper in October 2016 on the SIC alongside the Hunter Regional Plan 2036 seeking feedback from written submissions;
- consultation sessions and three targeted stakeholder workshops on the discussion paper, throughout November and December 2016;
- analysis of workshop feedback and 16 written submissions from Hunter Region and Central Coast councils, peak bodies for the development industry and local community groups;
- a series of follow-up workshops with development industry representatives such as UDIA, PCA, HIA and local councils on Hunter Region SIC policy directions in March 2017;
- a data collection campaign with government agencies, local councils and industry to support evidence based policy setting and contribution charges throughout April and October 2017;
- the release of a proposed approach paper on the SIC in December 2017, seeking feedback from written submissions;
- briefing sessions on the proposed approach with Hunter Region councils, committee members of peak industry bodies, including the UDIA, PCA, and PIA and peak industry body members;
- analysis of 25 written submissions on the proposed approach to inform the drafting of the determination; see the report on submissions.
Page last updated: 24/05/2019