Everyone Can Play Grant
The Everyone Can Play (ECP) grant program enables the NSW Government commitment to renew, renovate and build inclusive play spaces to ensure people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds can play.
2021-22 Everyone Can Play grant
Applications for the 2021-22 Everyone Can Play grant have closed.
This was the fourth and final round in the grant program, building on the outcomes of the three previous rounds to demonstrate the NSW Government’s commitment to building stronger, resilient communities through inclusive play. The 2021-22 round funding has now been allocated with $4 million committed towards the creation of 33 new and upgraded inclusive playspaces across NSW.
Successful Recipients of the 2021-22 Grant Round:
- Everyone Can Play – 2021-22 Successful Recipients Greater Sydney (PDF 5.7MB)
- Everyone Can Play – 2021-22 Successful Recipients Regional NSW (PDF 10.4MB)
Everyone Can Play grant program objectives
- Funding for inclusive play space delivery across NSW in partnership with NSW councils and eligible NSW State Government agencies to design and construct new and upgraded play spaces.
- Making long term changes to the planning and design of play spaces in NSW by educating the people who manage and design these spaces. This will ensure the enduring legacy of this program for future years.
The combination of these objectives will allow the NSW Government to immediately deliver on the ground benefits to the community while simultaneously changing the way play spaces are provided into the future once the funding program concludes. This structure will ensure the long-lasting benefits of this program.
Previous grant round funding
The 2020-21 funding round provided a total of $7 million, with $3 million for bushfire and drought-affected councils and $4 million available to all NSW councils. In March 2021, the department announced funding for 37 projects across 31 Councils. View the links below for details of the approved projects:
For further information on previously funded projects and grants recipients, you can download the following:
- Everyone Can Play – 2019-20 Successful Recipients Greater Sydney (PDF, 3.2 MB)
- Everyone Can Play – 2019-20 Successful Recipients Regional NSW (PDF, 3.1 MB)
- Everyone Can Play – 2019-20 Grant Recipients funded projects (PDF, 453 KB)
- Everyone Can Play – 2018-19 Successful Recipients Greater Sydney (PDF, 714 KB)
- Everyone Can Play – 2018-19 Successful Recipients Regional NSW (PDF, 1.14 MB)
View the previous round funded projects in an interactive map.
Progress reporting and acquittal
- Successful councils will be required to report on and demonstrate project progress through the four milestones outlined in the funding agreement.
- Milestone stages are project commencement, design review, construction and project completion.
- Progress payments will be made at project commencement and design review milestones to assist Council in expediting delivery
- Project reports are completed and submitted via the SmartyGrants portal.
- Project acquittal must be completed no later than three months after the project completion date.
- Project acquittal requires evidence of project completion including photos of completed play space, itemised expenditure, defects or asset handover report, certification, compliance and evidence of tree planting* (*for Greater Sydney councils only).
- Download a template of the Acquittal Checklist (PDF, 195 KB)
Page last updated: 13/12/2021