The Department of Planning and Environment sought your feedback between 23 October 2017 - 15 January 2018. The proposed changes were outlined in the Explanation of Intended Effect (EIE).
View the submissions received.
Feedback received during exhibition was used to refine the policy proposals, including:
- deferment of proposed changes to rural subdivision rules, which will allow for additional consideration of alternatives to provide farmers with flexibility in managing their land for the purpose of primary production
- alignment of conditions for the application of the thresholds for development consent with existing provisions and thresholds in the Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulation 2000
- a new factsheet on temporary arrangements for drought and other emergency events to clarify when stock containment areas and other temporary housing and feeding arrangements may be utilised
- updating of the Planning Guidelines for Intensive Livestock Agriculture to include a new section that explains the difference between extensive agriculture and intensive livestock agriculture
- expansion of the application of Ministerial Direction 1.5 – Rural Lands to include the Central Coast, Wollondilly and Hawkesbury local government areas, as these areas contain rural and peri-urban lands that deserve careful strategic consideration
Download the Response to Submissions Report (PDF, 217 KB)
Page last updated: 23/01/2023