Independent Audit Post Approval Requirements
As part of the Environmental Impact Assessment Improvement Project, the Department has prepared Post Approval Requirements (PAR) documents that will apply to State significant projects where required by the conditions of consent or approval. The Integrated Mining Policy documents may continue to apply to mining projects.
By developing documents that articulate the consent authority’s requirements for State significant projects, the Department aims to achieve a consistent, transparent and documented approach to undertaking post approval activities, and monitoring and reporting compliance in NSW.
What are the Independent Audit Post Approval Requirements?
The Independent Audit PAR contains requirements imposed under conditions of consent or approval. It is not a guideline. This means that all elements of the PAR must be complied with unless conditions of consent or approval provide otherwise.
The Independent Audit PAR has two main components:
- an Independent Audit Methodology which details:
- the scope of the audit.
- the selection and acceptance process for auditors (and, if required under conditions, technical specialists).
- an Independent Audit Report which sets out the form and content requirements for the audit findings.
Benefits of the Independent Audit PAR
The Independent Audit PAR gives clear direction on how to undertake independent audits of State significant projects by providing:
- a defined audit process.
- defined timeframes for undertaking independent auditing.
- clear requirements for the selection of the independent auditor and technical specialists.
- requirements on what needs to be included in an audit report.
The Independent Audit PAR are to be implemented when required under conditions of consent or approval and are available on the Department’s website.
Independent Audit PAR support
- Contact the NSW Department of Planning and Environment.
- Support is also available on 1300 305 695
Page last updated: 29/08/2022