A NSW Government website

Lodge a compliance complaint

Lodge a complaint

We work closely with communities, local councils, and state, territory and Australian government agencies to investigate potential breaches of approvals for State Significant Development projects and State Significant Infrastructure project approvals.

If you want to report a potential breach, lodge a complaint via the NSW Planning Portal.

Make a complaint

We investigate allegations of non-compliance with conditions of consent for:

We won't investigate matters such as:

  • allegations of non-compliance with local council development consents (contact your local council)
  • allegations of non-compliance with complying development certificates issued by private certifiers (contact your local council)
  • the results of local council investigations (contact your local council)
  • the approval process for council-approved developments (contact your local council)
  • disputes between neighbours
  • issues that are the responsibility of other government regulators, such as those relating to:
  • Complaints relating to allegations of misconduct by local councils or the Independent Planning Assessment Commission (IPAC) in the development assessment process. These complaints should be referred to the Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC) or the NSW Ombudsman.