We are working with local councils, agencies and communities to help provide new homes in the north west of Sydney that are close to jobs, parks, schools and services.
The Department worked closely with Blacktown City Council, stakeholders and the community to take a coordinated approach to planning for more jobs, homes and essential infrastructure, to help meet community needs in the North West Growth Area.
Releasing land for housing means Sydneysiders will have access to a range of homes that suit different needs, budgets and lifestyle choices. It also helps to place downward pressure on housing prices.
Riverstone West will be an employment hub for the North West Growth Area, helping to create more jobs for local people. Once fully developed it will provide:
- a 16 hectare business park, with potential for a large commercial space to provide up to 8,300 jobs adjacent to Riverstone rail station and town centre
- a mix of land for light industrial and industrial uses, providing up to 3,700 jobs
- an intermodal facility
- potential for a sustainable energy plant
- a new sub-arterial road and heavy vehicle route connecting Bandon Road in the north and Garfield Road in the south
- improved connections to encourage walking and cycling.
Priority Growth Area
Riverstone West is part of the North West Land Release Area
Following extensive consultation, the draft plan was finalised in August 2009 and new planning controls were introduced to enable urban development. For more information please refer to the documents below.
For more information about zoning and current planning controls, please contact Blacktown City Council on 02 9839 6000.
Page last updated: 18/01/2018