The Department works in partnership with state departments and agencies, local government, the community and industry stakeholders to deliver sustainable growth in the areas of planning, local government and the environment.
Our key functions include:
- long-term planning for metropolitan and regional NSW
- planning for the supply of well-located housing and employment land
- assessing State significant development proposals
- encouraging the protection of the environment and sustainable development.
We offer employees interesting, challenging and rewarding work, as well as a unique employment experience that is centred on career progression, learning and development and flexibility.
Our employees have excellent career opportunities and access to NSW public sector working conditions, which include:
- training and career development opportunities
- flexible working arrangements
- generous leave provisions including paid carers’, study, maternity, adoption and parental leave.
We value diversity
We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce contributes to the success of our business and reflects the communities we serve.
We recognise flexible working as a great enabler of diversity and inclusion and encourage our people to discuss options with their managers to help support their personal and professional goals.
Our Disability Inclusion Action Plan (PDF, 5.4 MB) and Multicultural Plan (PDF, 2.36 MB) outline our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
We support gender equality and the Premier's Priority of increasing the proportion of women in senior leadership roles from 33 percent to 50 per cent by 2025.
I Work For NSW
We advertise all current ongoing employment on I Work For NSW.
For more information about a specific job that you are applying for, contact the enquiry person listed in the advertisement. For help in submitting an online application, check the 'Frequently Asked Technical Questions' on the I Work For NSW site.
Stay in touch
Want to keep in touch with the Department? Follow us on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.
Page last updated: 01/12/2022