The Low Cost Loans Initiative (LCLI) assists councils with the cost of new infrastructure by funding 50% of the interest paid on borrowings related to infrastructure. This helps councils to bring forward the delivery of infrastructure that enables new housing supply.
Under the program:
- Any council eligible to apply for the TCorp loan facility is eligible to apply for the LCLI. Loans may be taken out through TCorp or another financial institution of council’s choice.
- The loans must be used for infrastructure that enables new housing supply.
- Councils must have in place current or draft planning controls which are applicable to the council area and meet the relevant housing targets.
Location and funding of successful projects
The NSW Government has invested approximately $21.1 million to kick start nearly $571 million worth of essential infrastructure to support growing communities across metropolitan and regional NSW.
Round 3 successful councils and projects:
- Camden Council: Redevelopment of the council depot
- City of Canada Bay Council: Redevelopment of Concord Oval
- Cessnock City Council: Cessnock Civic Revitalisation Project
- Forbes Shire Council: Edward Street Subdivision Project
- Greater Hume Shire Council: Culcairn residential subdivision
- Griffith City Council: Griffith Affordable Housing
- Ku-Ring-Gai Council: St Ives Indoor Sports Centre
- Lane Cove Council: Sport and recreation facility
- Liverpool City Council: Library and a Child Care Centre
- Orange City Council: Southern Feeder Road
- Shoalhaven City Council: Lead-in roads and cycleway
- Shoalhaven City Council: Roads, drainage and Passive Recreation Infrastructure
- Shoalhaven City Council: Boongaree Park.
You can view more details in the full list of full list of LCLI Round 3 successful projects in NSW (PDF, 96 KB).
Round 2 successful councils and projects:
- Albury City Council: Thurgoona Link Road
- Berrigan Shire Council: Barooga water treatment plant and Lewis Crescent
- Griffith City Council: CBD precinct
- Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council: Ellerton Drive
- Wagga Wagga City Council: Infrastructure, recreation and utilities projects.
For more information, you can view more details in the full list of LCLI Round 2 successful projects in NSW (PDF, 69 KB).
Round 1 successful councils are located across NSW:
- Riverina Murray: Albury City Council, Griffith City Council, Wagga Wagga City Council
- Central West and Orana: Blayney Shire Council, Mid-Western Regional Council
- Metropolitan Sydney: Cumberland Council, Hawkesbury City Council, Liverpool City Council
- Illawarra-Shoalhaven: Shoalhaven City Council
- South East and Tablelands: Yass Valley Council.
You can also view more details in the full list of LCLI Round 1 successful projects in NSW (PDF, 71 KB).
For more detailed information about the initiative, you can view:
Page last updated: 05/12/2022