A special infrastructure contribution (SIC) has been proposed to help fund new or upgraded infrastructure planned for the North West Growth Area. The North West Growth Area SIC is intended to update the SIC applying to the North West Growth Area detailed in the existing Western Sydney SIC.
The SIC would collect up to $1.5 billion to help fund:
- roads, bridges and intersections
- public transport infrastructure
- cycleways and footpaths
- land for schools, health facilities and emergency services
- increased regional open space
- biodiversity conservation.