In 2017 the State Environmental Planning Policy (Educational Establishments and Child Care Facilities) (SEPP) was introduced with provisions that apply to school State Significant Development (SSD) applications. An amendment was also made to the State and Regional Development SEPP which amended the trigger for school applications to become a SSD.
For more information about the school infrastructure projects, you can visit our Planning Portal to:
- view the projects on exhibition and have your say
- view proposals under assessment by the department
- view education facilities the department has determined.
- View the Design Guide for Schools: a document prepared by Government Architect NSW as a guide for new school development and upgrades in NSW.
- Read about the State Environmental Planning Policy Amendment (Child Care) 2017 and the Environmental Planning and Assessment Amendment (Schools) Regulation 2017.
- For further documents relating to the Education SEPP please refer to the Education SEPP webpage.
- To find out what’s happening at your school visit the Schools Infrastructure NSW website.
Page last updated: 18/07/2022