Calderwood Concept Plan – Modification 4
In December 2010, a Concept Plan was approved for the Calderwood Urban Development Project (CUDP).
Lendlease Communities (the proponent) have submitted a request to modify the concept plan (Modification 4), seeking approval to increase the number of dwellings within the CUDP.
Modification 4 was publicly exhibited in September to October 2018.
In response to submissions raised from the public, local councils and government agencies, the concept proposal was subsequently revised and publicly notified from 26 June to 17 July 2019 (the preferred project report (PPR)).
The PPR provided additional justification for the proposal and made the following changes to the proposal:
- Reduced the proposed dwelling yield from 6,500 to 6,000 (original concept approval granted 4,800 dwellings).
- Reduced the additional open space provision from 14.2 ha to 10.61 ha (taking the total to 43.81 ha across the CUDP area).
- Reduced the additional community infrastructure contribution based on the revised dwelling yield. The additional community centre space is reduced from 300 m2 to 220 m2; and the monetary contributions to Shellharbour Council for the library is amended.
- Retained the approved Calderwood Road configuration of 2 lanes based on the revised dwelling yield (no longer proposing the Calderwood Road extension to 4 lanes).
- Revised the Calderwood Development Control Strategy.
- Decreased the size of the second primary school site from 3 ha to 2 ha.
- Extended the timeframe to deliver land for the high school, from prior to the release of 1,500 to prior to the release of 4,500 lots.
Following feedback received during the public exhibition of the PPR, the proponent provided additional information and justification in the form of an addendum response to submissions report (Addendum RTS) which was notified from 6 May to 20 May 2020.
The PPR and Addendum RTS are available to view on our