In August 2017, Frasers Property Australia lodged a modification application to the Concept Plan Approval for the Shell Cove Boat Harbour Precinct. The Boat Harbour Precinct site is immediately south of the existing Shellharbour Village, 17 km south of Wollongong.
The Environmental Assessment Report (EAR) for the modification was publicly exhibited by the Department between 15 September – 20 October 2017.
The proposed modification includes:
- an increase to the maximum number of dwellings, from 1,238 to 1,566;
- revised housing densities, typologies and building heights in certain areas of the Boat Harbour Precinct;
- amendments to the hotel building, including relocation to the northern edge of the Town Centre and an increase to the maximum building height; and
- a revised road pattern and layout.
Key issues raised in submissions included:
- Loss of view
- Traffic and parking
- Impact on the character of the area
- Social infrastructure and services
- Planning process
- Ecological and coastal impacts
The proponent prepared a Response to Submissions (RtS) report that was open for comment from 13 March – 27 March 2018.
What happens next?
- The Department will assess the merits of the modification application, which includes all submissions and community feedback.
- The Department will make a recommendation to the Independent Planning Commission (IPC) about whether the modification application should be approved or rejected.
- The IPC will hold a public meeting as a part of its consideration of the proposal, providing another opportunity for the community to voice its concerns.
- Once a final decision has been made the Department will notify the Proponent, and those who made a submission, of the outcome.
Sign up for email updates on Shell Cove Boat Harbour Marina (modification)
Page last updated: 28/06/2018