In August 2017, Frasers Property Australia lodged a modification application to the Concept Plan Approval for the Shell Cove Boat Harbour Precinct. The Boat Harbour Precinct site is immediately south of the existing Shellharbour Village, 17 km south of Wollongong.
The Environmental Assessment Report (EAR) for the modification was publicly exhibited by the Department between 15 September – 20 October 2017.
The proposed modification includes:
- an increase to the maximum number of dwellings, from 1,238 to 1,566
- revised housing densities, typologies and building heights in certain areas of the Boat Harbour Precinct;
- amendments to the hotel building, including relocation to the northern edge of the Town Centre and an increase to the maximum building height; and
- a revised road pattern and layout.
Key issues raised in submissions included:
- Loss of view
- Traffic and parking
- Impact on the character of the area
- Social infrastructure and services
- Planning process
- Ecological and coastal impacts
The proponent prepared a Response to Submissions (RtS) report that was open for comment from 13 March – 27 March 2018.
What happened next?
- The Department assessed the merits of the modification application, including all submissions and community feedback.
- We made a recommendation to the Independent Planning Commission (IPC) that the modification application be approved, subject to conditions.
- The IPC held a public meeting as a part of its consideration of the proposal, providing another opportunity for the community to voice its concerns, before giving condition support to the proposal.
For more information on the modification application:
- go to the Independent Planning Commission
- go to Major Projects.