Local planning panels (LPPs) are designed to:
- achieve better planning outcomes by providing greater expertise, independence and probity in decision-making
- speed up decision-making
- give councils more capacity to do strategic planning.
How we measure an LPP’s performance
We have created an evaluation framework for LPPs (PDF, 293 KB).
Under the framework, councils in Greater Sydney must report quarterly on their LPPs so we can assess their performance.
To enter your council’s data, go to our local planning panel quarterly report portal.
Evaluation reports and framework
- IHAP evaluation framework (PDF, 270 KB)
- Local Planning Panels (IHAPs) Evaluation – Half-year report (PDF, 272 KB)
- IHAPs Evaluation – Appendix C – Quarter 1 Data (PDF, 439 KB)
- IHAPs Evaluation – Appendix D – Quarter 2 Data (PDF, 378 KB)
- Local Planning Panels (IHAPs) Evaluation – Final report (PDF, 418 KB)
- Panels Evaluation – Appendix A – Program Logic (PDF, 898 KB)