Schofields is located in the Blacktown Local Government Area, in the North West Growth Area. The precinct is 465 hectares and is bounded by Eastern Creek to the north and west, Quakers Hill Parkway to the south and the Richmond Railway line to the east.
A new community for Schofields
The Schofields Precinct was rezoned in May 2012 and new planning controls were introduced to enable urban development.
For more information please refer to the 'Final planning package – May 2012' below.
The new community at Schofields will benefit from up to 2,950 new homes and the delivery of local amenities close to transport options, including:
- 61 hectares of conservation land, focused along Eastern Creek
- 31 hectares of open space and recreation areas
- retail space in three neighbourhood centres
- a potential public transport corridor linking Schofields station to Rouse Hill
- upgrades to key roads
- improved connections to encourage walking and cycling, and the new neighbourhood will also help create new jobs for local people.
Updates and changes
Minor changes were made to some of the planning controls in Schofields in March 2013.
The changes to the State Environmental Planning Policy (Sydney Region Growth Centres) 2006 can be viewed at the legislation.nsw.gov.au website. For more information about zoning and current planning controls, please contact Blacktown City Council on 02 9839 6000.
- Schofields Precinct Post–Exhibition Planning Report, 8 May 2012 (PDF 972 KB).
- Schofields Precinct Indicative Layout Plan (Superseded) Map (PDF 3.54 MB).
- Appendix B - Summary of Submissions, Landowner Submissions and Government Agencies and Local Government Submissions (PDF, 229 KB).
- Water Cycle Management Post–Exhibition Report, May 2012
- Amended State Environmental Planning Policy (Sydney Region Growth Centres) 2006 and maps at the Legislation NSW website.
Blacktown City Council Growth Centre Precincts Development Control Plan
- Blacktown City Council Growth Centre Precincts Development Control Plan 2010 (PDF, 4.2 MB)
- Schedule 5 Schofields Precinct (PDF, 29.2 MB).
Archived documents for this precinct are available on the Growth Centres Commission website.
Page last updated: 26/07/2022