Skip to main content
NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment
  • Share:


About Us

The Department’s Compliance team works with communities, local councils across NSW, as well as state and federal government agencies, to ensure state significant development (SSD) and state significant infrastructure (SSI) projects across the state meet conditions of their approval.


These conditions often include the need to regularly monitor, audit and report on compliance. It may also include the need to commission independent experts to audit compliance, assess and recommend improvements to environmental performance.


We also educate companies on our compliance work, investigate potential breaches, and carry out necessary enforcements. These can take the form of negotiating practical solutions to issuing penalty notices and criminal prosecutions.


Our compliance policy and associated guidelines provide information about how we go about our work and help to guide the work of our compliance officers.


Download Compliance Policies and Guidelines


You can also find a summary of the team’s past and present activities under Compliance Activity.

Page last updated: 04/11/2020