The NSW Government introduced a special infrastructure contribution (SIC) to help fund the new Pyrmont Metro station and associated infrastructure on 11 July 2022.
The SIC will collect up to $280 million from developers to help fund the new Pyrmont Metro station.
The SIC rate is adjusted annually according to the latest Sydney Produce Price Index (PPI)
Pyrmont Peninsula Metro SIC contribution rates – FY2022–23
Contribution rates as at 11 July 2022
|Class of development||Contribution Rate|
|1. Commercial development within the Pyrmont Peninsula Special Contributions Area (as identified in clause 12(1) of the Determination)||$200*^ per square meter of gross floor area|
|2. Residential development within the Pyrmont Peninsula Special Contributions Area (as identified in clause 12(2) of the Determination)||$15,000 *^ per dwelling|
* The SIC rate is indexed annually on 1 July as outlined in Clause 13 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment (Special Infrastructure Contribution – Pyrmont Peninsula Metro) Determination 2022.
^The SIC rate is reduced by 50% until 1 July 2023 in accordance with Clause 20 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment (Special Infrastructure Contribution – Pyrmont Peninsula Metro) Determination 2022.
To help developers adapt to the new charge, we are introducing the SIC in phases. A 50% reduction will be applied before 1 July 2023 and a 25% reduction is available in 2023–24. The full rate will apply from 1 July 2024.
Requirements for certifiers
Changes to the Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulation 2000 mean certifiers must confirm that there is no outstanding SIC payment required before issuing an occupation certificate.
How to pay
To confirm if your development is in the SIC area or to pay your contribution, visit our SIC Online Service.
Infrastructure contributions reform
The NSW Productivity Commissioner has proposed reforms to the infrastructure contributions system.
To learn more, read Improving the infrastructure contributions system.
- Ministerial Determination: How the SIC is levied
- Ministerial Direction: Conditions for development consent
- Map showing the Special Contributions Area where the SIC will apply
- Map showing the Urban Intensification Sites where the SIC will apply
- Planning circular – 20-003 – Payment of infrastructure contributions or levies prior to the issuing of an occupation certificate (PDF, 216 KB)