Planning for stage 1 in Leppington Precinct has now been finalised.
The department worked closely with Camden Council, stakeholders and the community to take a coordinated approach to planning for new homes and essential infrastructure, to help meet local community needs.
Releasing land for housing means Sydneysiders will have access to a range of homes that suit different needs, budgets and lifestyle choices. It also helps to place downward pressure on housing prices.
The new community in Leppington (stage 1) will benefit from up to 2,500 new homes and the delivery of local amenities close to transport options, including:
- a new primary and K-12 school
- a new community centre
- access to a Major Centre in the nearby Leppington North Precinct where jobs, shopping, entertainment, community and government services will be provided
- proximity to the Leppington Railway Station on the South West Rail Link
- upgrades to rail and major roads, including Camden Valley Way
- playing fields and recreational land along Scalabrini Creek.
Following extensive consultation, the draft plan for stage 1 was finalised in November 2015 and new planning controls were introduced to enable urban development.
The Camden Council Growth Centre Precincts Development Control Plan (DCP) – Schedule Five (Leppington Precinct) applies to Stage 1. The DCP contains detailed design controls for development in the precinct.
For more information about zoning and current planning controls, phone Camden Council on 02 4654 7777.
Final planning package documents and community resources:
- Finalisation report (including Appendices A, C & D) (PDF, 4.9 MB)
- Appendix B – Summary of submissions table (PDF, 398 KB)
- Appendix E – Biodiversity certification consistency report (PDF, 2.4 MB)
- Appendix F – Strategic assessment consistency report (PDF, 2.8 MB)
- Indicative Layout Plan (PDF, 3.3 MB)
- Frequently asked questions (PDF, 194 KB)
- Draft Leppington Staging Plan (PDF, 9 MB)