The Wilton Town Centre Precinct will be the residential, retail, commercial and entertainment core of the Wilton Growth Area and the largest strategic centre in the Wollondilly Shire.
The precinct rezoning came into effect on 30 June 2023.
We worked with Wollondilly Shire Council and state agencies to prepare the draft planning package, which was exhibited in November and December 2020.
The Wilton Town Centre Precinct will deliver:
- a major retail and commercial centre to provide jobs and services
- about 1600 new homes with a mix of housing types from detached houses to low-rise apartments
- land for a new public school
- a new major public open space including sports fields
- protection of 37 hectares of environmentally sensitive land and
- improved roads and public transport Infrastructure including provision for a central bus terminal.
What happens next
We are working with the proponent to finalise the State Voluntary Planning Agreement, which will deliver key state infrastructure.
Wollondilly Shire Council has also begun work on a master plan for the Wilton Town Centre Precinct. This will identify the strategic location for community facilities, open space, public transport and shops. Once finalised, the master plan will support the development of Wilton Town Centre Precinct planning controls that will form part of the Wilton Growth Area Development Control Plan.
We are also working with Wollondilly Shire Council and landowners to finalise the planning controls for the Employment chapter of the Wilton Growth Area Development Control Plan.