The department’s Western Region team will coordinate the implementation of the regional plan and monitor and report on progress.
We will report on progress towards the plan’s actions and collaboration activities and indicators.
Bi-annual planning forums for the department and councils will focus on regional plan performance and collaboration opportunities. Councils will be updated on key actions while having the opportunity to discuss emerging issues and trends and identify where support would be beneficial.
Key achievements of the previous plan
Key implementation achievements from the Central West and Orana Regional Plan 2036 included:
- Delivery of the Urban Design Guide for Regional NSW for connected, healthy communities.
- Completion of a NSW Central West Food and Fibre Strategy.
- Produce masterplans to establish health precincts around hospitals in regional cities and strategic centres.
- Work with councils to better understand the drivers of population change and implications for local communities.
- Identify the Regional Freight Network (including key national, state, regional and local roads and the rail network).
- Work with Gilgandra Shire Council to produce a case study on Cooee Lodge Retirement Village to guide other councils developing aged care accommodation.