Carter Street will be a green and vibrant new community with open space, a village centre and quick connections to Sydney Olympic Park, the Western Motorway and the future Sydney Metro West.
The Carter Street Precinct Master Plan was finalised on 18 December 2020. Feedback from the community, the City of Parramatta and state government agencies informed the final plan.
The master plan will be enacted through an amendment to the Auburn Local Environmental Plan 2010.
The Carter Street Precinct Master Plan will deliver:
- 700 additional homes within walking distance to Sydney Metro West at Sydney Olympic Park
- Maintains 12,000 m2 of retail floor space
- 1.88 ha of land for a future primary school
- Three hectares of central open space
- Pedestrian and cycle paths
- Land for the widening of Hill Road and
- A community centre.
The Carter Street Precinct Development Framework has also been finalised. The relevant consent authority will need to consider the Development Framework when assessing development applications for land in the precinct.