Opening a business in the night-time economy is exciting but navigating the planning and licensing systems can be a challenge.
Our guide removes some of the stress, and makes it faster and easier to put your ideas into action.
The guide includes:
- a step-by-step walk through the approvals process, including if you need a development application (DA) and liquor licence
- a description of the night-time economy and how this sector requires extra consideration during the DA process
- common night-time economy uses and corresponding land use definitions to help guide you through the DA process
- examples of council policy and processes from around NSW to highlight small differences between local areas that need to be taken into account when seeking approval for your project
- relevant NSW legislation.
We will keep updating this guide to match current legislation.