Turner Road is part of the South West Growth Area. We are working with local councils, agencies and communities to help provide new homes in the South West Growth Area that are close to jobs, parks, schools and services.
The department worked closely with Camden Council, stakeholders and the community to take a coordinated approach to planning for new homes and essential infrastructure, to help meet community needs.
Releasing land for housing means Sydneysiders will have access to a range of homes that suit different needs, budgets and lifestyle choices. It also helps to place downward pressure on housing prices.
The new revitalised community at Turner Road will benefit from up to 4,020 new homes and the delivery of local amenities close to transport options, including:
- 15,000 square metre town centre
- 77 hectares of open space
- 96 hectares of employment land
- improved connections to encourage walking and cycling.
Turner Road was one of the first land release precincts in the South West Growth Area and has rapidly developed since the completion of new planning controls.
Following extensive consultation, the draft plan was finalised in December 2007 and new planning controls were introduced to enable urban development. Archived documents for this precinct are available on the Growth Centres Commission website.
Updates and changes
The Development Control Plan (DCP) was updated in November 2016.
To learn more, view the State Environmental Planning Policy (Sydney Region Growth Centres) 2006.
- Transport Assessment (PDF, 21.7 MB)
- Precinct Planning Report – Part 1 (PDF, 9.6 MB)
- Precinct Planning Report – Part 2 (PDF, 2.9 MB)
- Precinct Planning Report – Part 3 (PDF, 231 KB)
- Precinct Planning Report – Part 4 (PDF, 3.1 MB)
- Precinct Indicative Layout Plan map (PDF, 398 KB)
- Community Facilities and Open Space Assessment Final Report (PDF, 787 KB)
- Bushfire Study (PDF, 604 KB)
- Odour Impact Assessment (PDF, 4.2 MB)
- Noise Impact Assessment (PDF, 2.5 MB)
- Land Capability and Contamination Assessment (PDF, 1 MB)
- Employment Land Study (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- Landscape and Visual Assessment – Part 1 (PDF, 9.7 MB)
- Landscape and Visual Assessment – Part 2 (PDF, 9.3 MB)
- Heritage Assessment (PDF, 6.1 MB)
- Ecological Assessment (PDF, 4.1 MB)
- Archaeological investigation of the Turner Road and Oran Park Precincts – Stage 1 (PDF, 2.5 MB)
- Archaeological investigation of the Oran Park Precinct – Stage 2 (PDF, 4.5 MB)
For information about zoning and current planning controls, contact Camden Council, phone 02 4654 7777.