The Western Sydney Aerotropolis will become a thriving economic centre in Western Sydney. Benefiting from proximity to the new Western Sydney International (Nancy-Bird Walton) Airport, the Aerotropolis will contribute towards 200,000 new jobs in the broader Western Parkland City and become a high-skill jobs hub across aerospace and defence, manufacturing, healthcare, freight and logistics, agribusiness, education and research industries.
Aerotropolis precinct plan changes finalised
Minor changes to the Aerotropolis Precinct Plan were exhibited for public comment between 18 November and 16 December 2022.
The changes to the Aerotropolis Precinct Plan were finalised in May 2023. These changes affect planning controls within the Sydney Science Park (SSP) in Luddenham and 2700 Elizabeth Drive, Luddenham.
You can read the Finalisation Report and submissions received in relation to these changes on the NSW Planning Portal.
Aerotropolis development control plan finalised
The Aerotropolis Development Control Plan (DCP) Phase 2 was finalised on 10 November 2022, including:
- Recognise Country: Guidelines for Development in the Aerotropolis
- Aviation Safeguarding Guidelines - Western Sydney Aerotropolis and surrounding areas
Read the submissions and the Finalisation Report which outlines the key changes made to the DCP and responds to the issues raised in submissions on the NSW Planning Portal.
Aerotropolis planning package finalised
The Aerotropolis Planning Package and supporting technical studies for the initial precincts was finalised on 25 March 2022. The Planning Package includes:
- Amendments to State Environmental Planning Policy (SEPP) (Precincts – Western Parkland City) 2021 (the Aerotropolis SEPP)
- Western Sydney Aerotropolis Precinct Plan – Amendment 1 (PDF, 3.5 MB)
- Aerotropolis Special Infrastructure Contribution
- Luddenham Village Interim Strategy (PDF, 5.8 MB).
Read the submissions, Finalisation Report and supporting documentation, including a response to the submissions received on the NSW Planning Portal.