Catherine Field is located in the South West Growth Area. We are working with local councils, agencies and communities to help provide new homes in the south west of Sydney that are close to jobs, parks, schools and services.
The department worked closely with Camden Council, stakeholders and the community to take a coordinated approach to planning for new homes and essential infrastructure, to help meet community needs in Catherine Field.
Releasing land for housing means Sydneysiders will have access to a range of homes that suit different needs, budgets and lifestyle choices. It also helps to place downward pressure on housing prices.
The new revitalised community at Catherine Field will benefit from up to 3,200 new homes and the delivery of local amenities close to transport options, including:
- a new primary school
- a neighbourhood centre
- 50 hectares of open space, recreation and environmental conservation areas
- upgrades to Oran Park Dive and construction of Rickard Road extension
- protection of Oran Park House
- conservation of significant vegetation along creeks
- improved connections to encourage walking and cycling.
Following extensive consultation, the draft plan was finalised in March 2013 and new planning controls were introduced to enable urban development. For more information please refer to the final planning package below.
Catherine Field was rezoned under the government’s Precinct Acceleration Protocol which allows planning and development to proceed earlier than proposed under the government’s program, provided there is no additional cost to taxpayers.
- Post-exhibition Planning Report (PDF, 291 KB)
- Indicative Layout Plan map (PDF, 1.8 MB)
- Summary of Submissions (PDF, 180 KB)
- Key Stakeholder Notifications (PDF, 42 KB)
- Biodiversity Certification Consistency Report (PDF, 2.5 MB)
- Strategic Assessment Report (PDF, 2.3 MB)
- Ecological Report – Australasian Bittern Habitat (PDF, 1.6 MB)
- Public Domain and Landscape Strategy (PDF, 5.3 MB)
- Retail and Employment Assessment – Peer Review (PDF, 2.8 MB)
- Interpretation Strategy (PDF, 4.6 MB)
- Post Exhibition Heritage Advice (PDF, 1.9 MB)
- Riparian Assessment Addendum (PDF, 2.8 MB)
- Social Infrastructure and Demographic Assessment – Peer Review (PDF, 1 MB)
- Transport and Access Review Addendum (PDF, 3.7 MB)
- Water Cycle and Flooding Assessment (PDF, 1.8 MB)
- Water Cycle and Flooding Assessment Appendices – Part 1 (PDF, 4.9 MB)
- Water Cycle and Flooding Assessment Appendices – Part 2 (PDF, 3.8 MB)
- Water Cycle and Flooding Assessment Appendices – Part 3 (PDF, 3.9 MB)
- Water Cycle and Flooding Assessment – Peer Review (PDF, 2.4 MB)
For more information about zoning and current planning controls, phone Camden Council on 02 4654 7777.