A NSW Government website

Recognition of prior learning or experience

What if I’m considering a career change or am already in the industry and want to become a certifier?

Contact TAFE NSW or another registered training organisation, to find out how your previous learning, studies, work and or experiences could be recognised, to speed up the accreditation process.

Universities offer Pathways Programs, even if you have not completed any formal secondary, Vocational Education and Training (VET) or Higher Education studies.

If you’re further along in your career, check out the Australian Government Department of Employment and Workplace Relations' Support for businesses. This is a financial incentive up to $10,000 (including GST) that businesses may be able to access to hire eligible individuals.