With its world–class health, integrated educational and retail services, Macarthur will complement Campbelltown with more diverse housing and attractive public spaces. In response to community feedback, we have updated the plan including:
- Removing the maximum potential heights for high rise development so that appropriate heights can be determined at the detailed planning stage; and
- Deferring the proposed transit connection at Menangle Road so that we can conduct further detailed assessment.
Rezoning within this precinct can now occur through:
- Planning proposals submitted by landowners to Campbelltown City Council. These proposals need to be consistent with the Greater Macarthur Growth Area Implementation Plan and relevant precinct plan;
- Council led local environmental plan amendments; or
- State Government-led planning for certain precincts.
Once rezoning occurs, Campbelltown City Council will be responsible for implementing the precinct plan.
Final Planning Package
Past Planning Documents