Planning for and around the Aerotropolis involves a number of statutory plans and strategic policies.
With the finalisation of the planning package, there is now a hierarchy of plans that will guide development in the Aerotropolis, as follows:
- Western Sydney Aerotropolis Plan (WSAP)
- State Environmental Planning Policy (Precincts – Western Parkland City) Chapter 4, Aerotropolis
- Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulation 2021(in relation to local infrastructure contributions)
- Ministerial Direction 1.10 Implementation of Western Sydney Aerotropolis Plan
- Western Sydney Aerotropolis Development Control Plan (DCP) Phase 2
- Western Sydney Aerotropolis Precinct Plan 2022
- Western Sydney Aerotropolis Master Planning Guidelines (24 December 2021)
- Luddenham Village Interim Strategy.
|August 2018||Release of Stage 1 Land Use and Infrastructure Implementation Plan|
|September 2019||Release of What We Heard Community Consultation Report|
|December 2019||Release of Draft Western Sydney Aerotropolis Plan, Draft State Environmental Planning Policy Discussion Paper and Draft Aerotropolis Development Control Plan - Phase 1|
|Early 2020||Community Consultation|
|September 2020||Finalisation of Western Sydney Plan; Phase 1 DCP and Aerotropolis SEPP (including rezoning of initial precincts) and release of the Finalisation Report and Master Planning Guidelines|
|10 November 2020 – 12 March 2021||Initial Precinct Plans and Special Infrastructure Contributions released for community consultation|
|8 October 2021 – 5 November||Exhibition of Western Sydney Aerotropolis Explanation of Intended Effect, Luddenham Village Discussion Paper, and Western Sydney Aerotropolis Development Control Plan – Phase 2|
|25 March 2022||Final Precinct Plan – Initial Precincts; State Infrastructure Contribution; updated Aerotropolis SEPP; Luddenham Village Interim Strategy; Master Plan Guidelines.|
|10 November 2022||Phase 2 DCP finalisation.|
The framework may be amended from time to time to accommodate approved master plans and updates to the controls. Community consultation will be conducted before any amendments occur.